Thursday 13 November 2008

Northrend


Yesterday afternoon I rolled out of bed and was suprised when I found my copy of Wrath of the Lich King on the doormat!. So I installed the game and a few patches installed. However I wasn't able to upgrade my account which I wasn't suprised about. So i logged in, did some final bag clearing and parked myself in wetlands ready for later.

At about 9, I was on the wow-europe website when I saw the option to upgrade your account was active. So i upgrade and logged in at 10:30pm thinking I'd have to wait till midnight but no, wrath was live! So I hopped on the boat to Howling Fjord.

So my first impressions. Quest structure is a lot more fluid and rarely find myself going back and forth unecessarily and drop rates for quest items are good. There are quite a few fun quests aswell which I'll let you find out for yourself. It was also quite refreshing to see new mob models instead of the same ones painted differently like in BC.

So I played untill 6am and managed to get 80% to 71. Slept untill 11 and got straight back into it. Dinged 71 after an hour or two. Failed to get a screenshot of this accomplishment due to the fact that I still haven't got the hang on the function key on my laptop :P. I'm actually really enjoying questing which makes a change from levelling in BC although I do have some gripes, despite the extensive beta testing there is still a TON of buggy quests and I'v given up talking to the GM's - nothing will be done untill the first patch. Right - back to Northrend!

No comments:

World of Warcraft™ and Blizzard Entertainment® are all trademarks or registered trademarks of Blizzard Entertainment in the United States and/or other countries. These terms and all related materials, logos, and images are copyright © Blizzard Entertainment. This site is in no way associated with Blizzard Entertainment®